Pages

Sunday, October 1, 2017

White shirt, white tiara and a bad headache

Dual clocks with eerie lady silhouette.
Alarm clock yelling in the distance. Between headache and backache what hurts most ?

Why had I slept in the sofa ? Be it good looking it's deep seating never failed to somehow dislodge bones in my back. Plan every move.

Cereals slowly sinking. Hot coffee. Yes. This morning I'll take it hot with 2 aspirins.

Been drinking ? Apparently not or someone had taken all evidence away. So why the headache ? Why had I slept all dressed on the sofa ?

Stretching. Crack. Sharp pain as something went back in place. Welcome relief.

Wind back my memories. That dream. One of the most realistic dreams I ever had.

A lady teaching me how to operate a compact powder box. I can still remember the perfume of the pinkish powder it contained. Fade roses mixed with another well known scent. What could that be ?

I need a cigarette. Too much of  a dream, a dream with smells, could that be a dream ?

Clicking lighter. Howdy. Now I remember. That other smell is the fragrance of fire, kerosene fire, the scent of airports.

Now, that's sure is something special for a dream.

Third cigarette second coffee. Definitely it could not have been a dream. Nor a nightmare.

It was just what it was. A situation where a lady asked me to look in a small mirror while instructing me how to operate the box containing it.

Pretty face, blond hair held back by a white tiara. Exact copy of the one smiling at me across the table.

A thirtyish lady wearing a smile and a white buttoned shirt.

One more weird thing adding itself to the already long list of eerie occurrences ?

"Quit dreaming sweetie !" Jerking by surprise hand, coffee spill...

"Was...  Was, I mean Hi Fairy, was that one more of your tricks ?"

"Oh honey, that was not a trick ! We just had an important girls talk together in a quiet place that's all to it !".

Staring at the coffee stained table cloth. "Just where was that place and why the damned headache ?"

"Endure it honey it will fade. A side effect from the trip if you're after explanations."

Pouring more coffee. "A trip in my sofa ? Is that supposed to be funny or like so ? Where to then ?"

"To the charts room where we met."

"Explain charts room please..."

"A room full of charts where pilots consult routes and weather, fill flight plans, another day at the office."

In one point she was right. My headache was fading away. "Aspirins at work" I smiled at the two forgotten tablets dissolving on the coffee stained tablecloth.

"Awesome deal dear Fairy. Routes, weather and stuff, like, could you please elaborate ?"

"We are connected. What's mine in you is yours in me. We are one entity unevenly distributed in two times and spaces. II guess time shift is what gave you the headache."

"Awesome hallucination dear Fairy. Now I'm even more confused."

Silence, Looked at the wall clock, no choice. How time can pass so quickly ? Will never make it to work, better call sick.

"Negative on the whole line girl. For what I told you is now deeply engraved and will surface when need arises. "

No comments:

Post a Comment