Pages

Thursday, September 7, 2017

When ? Where ?

"Why are you bothering me, who are you, where are you ?"

"Bother ? Please explain bother." she replied.

"You keep talking in my head that's not all usual save the mentally ill."

"I am not talking in your head. Your brain experiences and interprets my words. Two very different things."

She got me cornered. No matter the years my inner voice was always resourceful in outsmarting me.

"Ok, let's assume you are not in my head. Then where are you considering that our conversations are otherwise perfectly silent ?"

Oval ethery girl shadow head.
" 'Where' is not sufficient to qualify your question. You should also add 'when' ."

"Then where and when are you ?"

" 'When' precedes 'where' ..."

Deep breath, palm face, grin. "Could you please be kind and inform me when and where are you ? Is my question correctly formulated ?"



"Yes, it makes sense now. I'll tell you what I know. Are you disposed ?"

Office chair in half reclined position, phone set to don't disturb. "Listening."

"First things first. 'When', is I guess the moment I departed the body that hosted me. Most probably even long before, there's no way for me to tell."

There was a short silence.

"On your scale 'when' was the moment your sister's body lost it's life functions. For you are not the only."

On accidental occasions I had been victim of mild electrocutions, first hand reference scale to gauge the effect of her words.

"Sister ? That is, that's, I mean, new to me! How can that be ? My parents never even mentioned her."

"Your mother was very shaken and deep in sorrow. Even more so after your second sister's body was taken by the same illness."

"Get on the phone, quick!" I taught. This is serious, might as well call an ambulance, signs of a sudden brain clot ?

"Put down your microphone, get a pen and..."

Two names on a sheet of paper. Clumsily written by a shaking hand.

"You can run checks now. The population office should your port of call."

"That game or whatever it might be is not funny anymore. Please stop it."

Her voice became suddenly colder: "This is not a game. Then...."

A moment of silence.

"Then you will better comprehend who I am and the reasons for my intrusion in your existence."

No comments:

Post a Comment