Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2017

A stash of pink light energy

See you back on Sunday evening, be good, phone grandma if you need anything, remember to warm the portions of meals before eating, there's milk in the fridge, you know where the cereals are...

Then mom clicked her way down the stairs. The distinctive roar of my dad's car exhaust fading away. Alone. Finally. Was I scared ? Apprehensive ?

At least not for now. I needed a plan. First, check all doors are locked. Put the shades down ? Better not. Neighbors might get suspicious, parents gone for the weekend, kid alone, there were no secrets in our neighborhood. Check the curtains instead, close the windows.

But what about if grandma showed by surprise ? She had the key after all. Better leave the internal knob half turned, it disables the front door lock operation from outside. It'll buy me time in case she shows.

Grab that big sports bag. Should be enough to carry my loot.

Weeks ago under unusual circumstances I stowed a charity clothes disposal bag in my canoe. What about if it was discovered and disposed of ?

What about if my parents knew my demeanor and waited for the opportunity to "talk about it" ?
If instead of the baffling bag I found a note in that sense ? What about if it was a ruse and my parents showed by surprise to fetch me red-handed ?

Better wait... How long ? Why was I hearing a gentle soft voice saying things I could not understand?

Mysterious pink light flooding the space.
Was I drifting insane? What if...  Badly injured in my bike stunt and this is what happens to badly injured people ? Dead ?

Whatever.. The voice became insistently reassuring. Soothing. Relaxing. It felt so good. Sliding away.

Rustling noises. The wall clock ticking. Pink light deluge. Bright. Too bright.

No more doubts. Ready. Must go. I deeply know that I must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment